Children’s Clothing Exchange
Roosevelt Towers Housing Complex
391 Evereteze Way
Cambridge, MA 02141
Directions and parking information
Hours of Operation
The CCE will be closing for Thanksgiving on November 23rd at 1:00 PM and reopening on November 29th.
Tuesdays: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursdays: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Annual Membership Fee
Effective September, 2016
$50.00 per family per year
$25.00 and 25 volunteer hours
To Participants and Donors:
The Children’s Clothing Exchange is open once again staffed by volunteers!
We are back to our original PHONE NUMBER: 617-576-0039
How does the Children’s Clothing Exchange work?
It’s simple and free of charge. You trade your child’s outgrown clothing, books, toys, and gear for age-appropriate items. If you do not have children’s items to trade, you can volunteer your time to earn credits that you can use to receive items for your child.
How do I get stuff for my child?
In order to receive items for your child, you must first visit the Children’s Clothing Exchange and register to participate in the program. The registration process takes about ten minutes. During registration, you will be asked to provide:
- Your contact information
- Your child’s birth certificate or health insurance card to prove that the child is yours.
- If you are pregnant and would like to receive items for your unborn child, you will be asked to provide a letter from your doctor stating that you are pregnant.
- Some basic demographic information such as your gender and the age of your child.
Will I need to share my income level with Solutions at Work to prove that my family needs your service?
Absolutely not. Our doors are open to anyone who believes that participating in our program will help them achieve financial self-sufficiency.
What rules must program participants follow?
All Children’s Clothing Exchange participants are required to adhere to these rules to ensure the continued success of the program:
- First and foremost, have fun!
- Program participants may not select children’s items for other people’s children.
- You are welcome to visit the Exchange up to twice a month.
- You may select up to ten articles of clothing per visit, if you have enough credits to do so.
- You may select up to three pairs of shoes per visit.
- You may select one piece of baby equipment per visit.
- You may select one basketful of books and toys per visit with a ten-book limit.
- Select only a reasonable amount of miscellaneous items such as diapers and wipes.
- Be courteous and respectful to staff, volunteers, and other program participants.
- Help us keep our shelves and racks neat.
Please Note: Solutions at Work reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who does not adhere to the above rules.
What type of items can I donate?
Click here to download a comprehensive list of the children’s items we accept. The sidebar to the right also lists the items we are in urgent need of right now.
When and where can I donate items?
We accept donations at 391 Evereteze Way in Cambridge at these times:
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Will you pick up items at my home that I’d like to donate?
Unfortunately, we don’t currently have the capacity to pick up items at your home. We are seeking volunteers who could utilize their own vehicle to pick up items and transport them to the Children’s Clothing Exchange. Click here for more information about volunteering for Solutions at Work.
Do you offer any activities for children?
We have a large, cheerful play space at the Children’s Clothing Exchange that kids are welcome to use while their parents browse for items. Children under the age of five must be accompanied by a parent or guardian in the play space.